Yields: 1 loaf
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 c brown sugar plus a little for the top
- 1/2 c canola oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium zucchini (about 2 cups shredded)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (about 2 cups chopped)
- 1/2 c walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan well.
- Whisk the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. If using walnuts, add them as well.
- Combine the sugar and oil in a separate bowl then add the shredded zucchini and strawberry chunks. Mix together until the wet ingredients get a little juicy then add the apple cider vinegar.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry and mix until everything is incorporated. Pour into the greased loaf pan. Sprinkle the top of the batter with about a tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Cook 55-60 minutes until the top is dark brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for a few minutes then remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
**Cooking time may vary depending on your oven.